Lawsuit challenging Trump Tower Black Lives Matter mural is dismissedJune 8, 2022
The Healing Mother EarthJune 9, 2022
About The Art Newspaper
For more than 30 years, The Art Newspaper has been covering the world of art—and the world in which art happens. We write about all the latest developments, but also analyse the most significant events and trends, looking at how the international landscape of art and culture shapes—and is shaped—by politics, society, the economy, technology and the environment.
We serve an international audience, offering multi-channel access to breaking news, agenda-setting investigations and stimulating insights and opinion from around the globe.
With correspondents working in more than 30 countries, our expert, independent reporting makes us the most trusted resource for the art industry as well as for collectors, art advisers, policymakers, artists, museum professionals and those who enjoy visiting art fairs and exhibitions. The Art Newspaper benefits from being part of an international network of titles with editorial offices in London, New York, Paris, Turin, Athens, Moscow and Shanghai.
About the job
The Associate Editor works closely with the Editor, Americas to execute editorial coverage in print and online of stories in or about the region of the Americas. They maintain contacts with artists, galleries, museums, fairs, auction houses and event organisers. They work with other areas of the business, notably the digital, fairs and partnership teams, on special projects.
The role comes with benefits (including a healthcare package) and an annual salary in the range of $50,000 to $60,000 depending on experience.
- Assist the Editor, Americas in executing the day-to-day work and activities of the US-based editorial team, including daily news coverage online.
- Work with the Editor, Americas on content creation in the Americas, including developing and executing high-profile pieces of content for TAN’s platforms.
- Assist in art market, fair and auction coverage as needed.
- Work with the Editor, Americas and the Partnerships Editor on execution of the US-based Fair Dailies and other special projects.
- Implement editorial activities to support the company’s growth ambitions in the region as required.
- Regularly meet with representatives of organisations in the commercial and nonprofit sectors of the art world in the region.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an editorial position at a majorculturalpublication or on the arts desk of a national or regional newspaper
- Wide range of contacts in the visual arts world, particularly in the major markets of the Americas
- Knowledge of key institutions, individuals and dynamics in the commercial and nonprofit art sectors in the region
- Proactive approach, doesn’t wait to be asked but actively seeks and progresses opportunities as they arise
- Ability to work with key stakeholders across a wide range of different background and cultures
This is a full-time, New York-based position. Interested candidates should send a CV with a covering email with “Associate Editor” in the subject line explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Art Newspaper is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an equitable workforce and promoting qualified persons regardless of race, gender, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period will be open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.